Let’s have a look at how the DFR Lineup builder works and you will be entering AFL teams in a flash. Note this is Beta Version 1.0
First of all a brand NEW feature from the BBL Lineup Builder is the ability to upload or amend “user” projections for AFL matches. You will need to register to enable this fixture.
On the main menu you can click Register or click ‘Register to upload custom projections‘ in the Builder.
A registration page will appear where you enter your details. You will receive a confirmation email and an activation link to complete the registration. CHECK your SPAM folder if you do not receive an email.
Once activated the button to register will be removed and the builder will accept changes in projections. If you are logged out you can login via the home page
On the main interface there are three parts to the builder. First of all you have the criteria for game selection, secondly the available players table with salaries and statistics and thirdly an option to export and upload projections.
To start with you need to select an available slate or contest to build lineups from the drop box.
As you can see here, we have selected the Richmond vs Carlton for a Draftstars contest. By default the players are sorted by salary. But you can sort players by Names, Position, Teams, Opponents, DFR Projection, Value, Floor, Ceiling, Average and Form.
Data is directly uploaded by Draftstars when the slate is made live on the site, the Lineup Builder will continue to update the players as new information is available for the slate. Once squads are announced and final 22 players are confirmed before bounce. The Lineup Builder will include and exclude players automatically.
Players who were selected in the squad but subsequently not playing will have a red symbol placed next to their name and will have the checkbox marked in the Exclude column (Exc).
You can manually, exclude or lock players into lineups by clicking the checkbox against each player. Ensure you do not lock over the position limit (1 Ruck, 2 Defenders etc) as the builder will not work. Once you exclude and lock players you can now refine your lineups by the following criteria
You can select either Randomise or Optimise your lineups. If you choose Randomise, the builder will build teams in a random nature. Most likely these builds will be teams that do not use the full salary. Although can be useful if you have locked certain players in your teams and looking to leverage. The optimise button is available to build teams that takes projections and salary into account. Thus making teams that are projected very high.
# of Lineups
You can select the total amount of possible lineups to build ranging from 1 to 100. Note the builder will generate up to a certain amount if the criteria allows. So you may want 10 lineups but only 5 was possible from the criteria. You can tweak the criteria to build different lineups.
Stack a Team
You can select if you wish to be heavy on a particular side.
Stack # Players
You can select the amount of players you want to stack on a particular side. For AFL single slates this is either 5, 6, 7 or 8 players. In multiple game slates the max is 4. Remember, to read the contest rules for each particular slate.
This is the most important option you will need to select. You have the option to generate by the following:
- Average – Will build on the player’s past fantasy scores
- Ceiling – Will build on the player’s projected ceiling (the highest score projected)
- Floor – Will build on the player’s projected floor (the lowest score score projected)
- Form – Will build on the player’s most recent fantasy scores
- DFR Projection – Will build on the player’s projection derived from our famous free AFL projections
- Own Projection – Will build on the player’s projection derived from a user’s own projection
- Value – Using player’s projections, will build efficient lineups based on players salary.
- My Value – Using player’s projections, will build efficient lineups based on players salary and amended projection from user.
Once you have selected your parameters, hit the ‘Build Lineups’ button and the lineup builder will generate the number of lineups required.
You can sort your lineups by either Projection, Ceiling, Floor, Value or by the remaining salary.
The SAVE button under each generated lineup needs to be clicked if you wish to add it to the CSV list of lineups to upload to the Draftstars site.
Once saved, your lineups will appear below the projections.
You can remove a lineup by clicking the trash can on the right. You can also see the current exposure of your players. You can increase levels of exposure by either locking or excluding players from the player table and build more lineups.
Once you are happy with your lineups, hit the Export Lineups CSV button.
How to Import your Teams into Draftstars
- Login to your Draftstars account.
- Select “My Teams” in the left side menu.
- Select the green “Upload” button and upload the saved CSV.
How to Import your Projections into the Lineup Builder
- Click the Export Projections button to download the CSV file to amend.
- Open the CSV and look for the Projection column. Input the projection against the player. Save and close the CSV file when ready.
- Click on the Choose File button to load in your CSV file.
- Then click on Export Projections for the builder to accept your projections.
You can also manually change the “MY PROJ” at anytime in case of news or players receiving “bumps” or “downgrades”. The “MY VALUE” will automatically update when a new value is entered.
Ready to have a go and build some lineups? Build NOW for FREE!
If you have any questions or feedback on our Draftstars lineup builder, please get in touch with us.
Twitter – @RankingsDFS
Facebook – RankingsDFS